Thursday, November 3, 2011

Pictures, Pounds, and a Poll, oh my!

Pictures. Yeah, I've promised them many times. And I'll let you in on a little secret- the nursery is not 100% finished yet! Yikes! Caleb's was definitely done way before now, but I haven't had any energy to nest this time around, and, well, I think I was too ambitious this time around! Last time we employed the help of my best friend Tiffany's mom to make all the bedding, plus she made a diaper hanger and extra quilt! This time I decided to recover the bumpers and diaper hanger, and make a quilt, crib skirt, and cover for the changing table on my own! I will be re-using the three sets of cradle bedding my MIL Kim made for Caleb- cause well, 1) they're awesome 2) that's another project I don't have time for and 3) they don't need to match the crib bedding as the cradle will be in our room!! However, I DO HAVE PICTURES!!!!! I figure if I don't get them up now, it won't happen before baby- and then it may never happen! So here ya go! I do plan to post all the tutorials I used in the bedding/decor- umm, later. ;)

Nursery first:
Phillip and I almost killed each other putting together my vision of Shane's room. Maybe you shouldn't do this kind of project at 1 am? Don't worry, the next day when we saw with fresh eyes what it looked like- all was forgiven! No, it's not paint!


This is the diapering area. On the right hand wall is where the diaper hanger will go.

This is the amazing cradle Phil's dad refinished for Caleb. WE LOVE it! So excited to get more use out of it!

I still have a good few projects to go - and a week to finish them! Likely they'll get put off until later, but for now we're getting the house as clean as possible and as much done as we can!

mid-project. random pinning and half-sewn. Don't judge. hahaha I promise one day it will look like this- but in the new fabric...
(this was Caleb's)

These two pieces are some of my favs. However, They were planned for the two sides of the stripes but now the room seems too full. Especially once we hang the diaper caddy. Thoughts?

Here are some more pictures of random baby gifts I love- I didn't get a picture of everything from the TWO showers I've had, nor do I have pics back from those events yet, but we are so grateful for everyone and everything! First, I had a fun shower thrown by women in my ward (congregation), and that was attended by many! Next, I was asked if I would like a more intimate one from people (hosted by Grandma Gwin!) on campus and it was like a gourmet tea party! I even brought my camera to that one- lemmie tell ya though, I was so busy being pampered (I seriously got a foot rub and beverages delivered to my seat) that I didn't have time to take many! Here's a few highlights of what we've received recently!

Gorgeous crocheted blanket
CUUUUUTE outfits like this one brought all the way from Virginia!
No, this is not all. Plus 800 wipes. Yeah.
I got a Moby wrap! I tried two different baby carriers with Caleb- and Caleb, Phillip, and I all hated both of them! We never used them, then sold them, so I figured I'd try this out after a neighbor offered hers to try on/borrow. She showed me how to tie it, and then someone else bought me one! It's black, so what are the chances I can convince Phillip this picture looks manly and he should jump on board with it?

Pounds
Last Thursday at the 37 week appointment the doctor said, hmm, you're measuring quite large! Really? This was news to me as I've with few exceptions stayed right on track for weight gain and never measured large with this pregnancy. The doc wanted an ultrasound to check it out for sure. OH yeah, clearly our babes is QUITE LARGE!!!! I won't ruin the fun and tell you the prediction, but for sure its good I'm already having a c-section, cause at this point they would recommend one anyways!

POLL
So what do you think? November 10th what will this baby weigh? Yep, November 10th- NEXT THURSDAY- we will be meeting baby Shane face to face!!! EEEEEK! Here's some really scary pictures of how HUGE I am!!! Add your guess in a comment or on my facebook page!

38 Weeks And yes, I was a pregnant puffy pumpkin for Halloween!
37 weeks
Yes, this is a very scary picture. I just wanted to show you the difference different clothes make though, because this and the one above were taken THE SAME WEEK! That's right!
About 35 weeks pregnant with Caleb:

4 comments:

  1. Dana I miss you, what a cute babies room, Shane is going to love it!! Good luck with everything.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i'm gonna guess 9lbs 12 oz. :)

    ReplyDelete
  3. yay!!! finally pictures!!! :o) You are so cute and what a baby belly!! Shane's nursery is looking so great and hmmmm....I'm gonna guess Shane will be 9 pounds and 5 ounces. Man I cannot believe he will be here in less than a week! ahh!! I miss you!

    ReplyDelete
  4. the nursery looks so cute and you look adorable! I have a friend who just had a 10 lb baby. So that's my guess:) Good luck! I'm so excited for you!!

    ReplyDelete