Monday, June 6, 2011

Pain and then Reward

17 Weeks TODAY!
This pregnancy has been full of pain. One of the scariest ones is my hips and tailbone. Many don't know this, but I actually BROKE my tailbone during delivery of Caleb. Yeah, it was bad along with everything else that went horribly wrong. Ever since my long drive to Tennessee two weeks ago, I have been having to ice my tailbone, lower back, and hips almost everyday- mostly if I get some exercise in or overexert myself. I'm sure it could be a different bed too, along with not resting enough, so I try to take care of it, but I hope it stays under control while I gain weight with this pregnancy, cause I haven't weighed this much since I was pregnant with Caleb.
Tummy troubles. My stomach has had so many different pains this pregnancy, mostly normal I hope. Yesterday at church I was doubled over in pain and crying it hurt so bad! I had to leave, take some Tylenol (first time I've given in so far), eat, and take medicine before laying down to rest. Mostly its been regarding ligament pains, hunger pains, and upset stomach before and after puking, so I hope that's all it was.

Last night I felt the baby for the first time!!! It was super weird- even though I've had one child, the first kicks are strange and foreign to me. For me it always feels like bubbles popping on the surface of my stomach, then frogs, then elephants stomping in there! For now its fun and unexpected, especially after the horrible day I had with stomach pain- flutters are much nicer!
It felt like such a tender mercy from the Lord after pain to feel my baby move!

I have some bump pictures to post, so when I get those organized I will!

1 comment:

  1. Dana! I'm so glad I read this. It'll be so fun when YOU see Phil in a few more weeks and he feels the baby too. How exciting. That makes me wanna cry I'm so happy for you. I hope you have another appointment soon to make sure baby and mommy are both healthy as can be! miss you

    ReplyDelete