Thursday, October 20, 2011

October 20th!?!

Today was a super weird day. I think it had something to do with when I woke up realizing this is the day we originally planned for the c-section when my due date was a week earlier. That, or I didn't get enough sleep last night (I finally dozed off around 3 so that's likely as well). Either way, today felt weird, I was a little cranky, and just not feeling like myself at all. Don't worry, this isn't a complaining post- the day got better!

I allowed Caleb and I to take a nap instead of just quiet time- even though I knew that would mean Caleb barely dozing off right now- at 10. So worth it! Then I got a call saying my neighbor would be bringing dinner over unexpectedly. Now, that sounds great, but if you knew my neighbor you would know just how excited I was! Of course it was full gourmet and an AMAZING spread. Wow. Good thing I couldn't fit any of the pie she brought in me (and let's pretend I didn't have one chocolate glazed Halloween Oreo) because two hours later my visiting teachers showed up and brought milkshakes for all!!! Definitely turned my day around, and was a much needed rest from cooking and cleaning- though I generally love that job of the day (cooking dinner). I've also recovered from that nasty cold, and WHAT a relief that is!

A few quick facts cause I might have to post tomorrow (I have an appointment and that could bring added info!)

*The baby has dropped. This is my opinion of course, but I felt it at 35 weeks- Caleb was at 37. For me, from here on out just gets more and more painful it seems- the baby is way too low to be comfortable, and somehow wedges just right to cause severe tailbone and pelvic pain. Ice is my best friend.

*I am totally experiencing bi-polar pregnancy emotions I didn't with Caleb. Having a scheduled c-section makes me not want to go into labor, ten minutes later I'm telling Phillip I hope it just happens and then I know it will be over within one day from an immediate c-section!

*Nausea is back but not as severe, appetite is still okay, heartburn is raging. All normal. I can handle those fine- if I could only walk normal!

*Granny Smith apples are a must.

*Sleep is illusive. Even with medication.

*I'm basically wasted every second of the day- and now that baby has dropped, I'm pretty sure nesting ain't happenin! Pushing through to strive and get SOMETHING done each day.

*Today I packed my hospital bag, the diaper bag, a small bag for Phillip, and a overnight bag for Caleb in case I don't make it to November 10th. It gave me some peace of mind! Tomorrow we're cleaning the car and installing the car seat. Who am I kidding? PHILLIP is doing the aforementioned items. :)

You may hear an update tomorrow- if not, I'm either at the hospital having the baby, or nothing has changed! haha We'll see!

A few really cute newborn photo shoot ideas I might just steal...
Link
Link
Link

Ifffff I learn how to use my camera properly. Oh yeah, that's on the "to-do" list too- BAHAHAHA!

2 comments:

  1. I'm excited to hear how your dr appt goes!! That was sweet of your neighbors and your visiting teachers to brighten your day! :) There are angels all around us huh?

    ReplyDelete
  2. we're prayin and jumpin up and down for you. so WISH we were there to share the moment! love ya!

    ReplyDelete