Tuesday, August 2, 2011

Random, Gross, and Bizarre

I have been MUCH more uncomfortable than I was with Caleb. Lots more pain, lots more everything I feel. One of those things happens to be my belly button. TMI- definitely, but believe me when I say I'm sparing you the details. It's definitely different than what I experienced with Caleb- and much more painful. Like this baby is seriously going to be born through my belly button at any moment and the skin is going to rip apart. Yuck I know. Also, I think my belly button might actually pop out this time, which REALLY freaks me out. I know it shouldn't but it does, and I'm totally going to bandage it if it happens. I've already had to once when it was extremely sore just cause it was so painful for anything to even brush it. Eww.

Next up, I keep wondering what this baby will look like. I dunno, right now I think it will look more like my nephew than Caleb, darker I guess in complexion and hair, and weigh less than Caleb did. Who knows.

I ate ice cream! I kept it down- twice! Yummmm. Such good timing as it will be over 100 every day this week again. And, I went to a chicken bog. Yeah, that's right, it's really like chicken and rice with some sausage and nothing fancy, but it was a dinner provided for the summer Greek students and their families by a local Lutheran church. Amazing is that I totally ate the rice- even though it had some chicken flavor- and I didn't get sick! Couldn't eat the actual chicken, but hey, progress! I couldn't even look at chicken without throwing up with Caleb, and in fact, this pregnancy up until about a month ago even seeing it in the freezer made me gag. Like I said, progress!

Another recent post below. I need some sleep. Kick in meds, let's go to bed!

2 comments:

  1. Ugh, sorry it's been such a rough time...and ice cream was a staple for me with Aevyn.....I ate probably 3 containers a week when I was prego and making it through school. What's life without chocolate ice cream?! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh man I have been so bad with everyone's blogs! I am just barely getting back to mine... so, this is belated - but congrats on baby boy #2..and major BOO HISS to you being so sick and uncomfortable! My pregnancy with Carter was so easy, which makes me wonder how my second would be. YUCK! lol....Glad you were able to eat ice cream and chicken flavored rice! ...and darn those belly buttons! Mine never popped out, but it sure looked like it was going to! I am with you on that though, there is just something about it that kinda gives ya the creeps! :D

    ReplyDelete